Eff's Rambles (Archive)

3/21/2005

It is not about restoring honor.

I will tell you that I am a moral person; rather traditional. Am I ever hypocritical? Yes, and I am also not an altruistic person. But acts of selfishness and cruelty bother me, especially those done with conscious understanding. I am angered that a person could not only be so evil as to do something intentionally cruel or selfish and negligently stupid, but that said person could live on. Far too many people excuse terrible behavior: they are young, they were drunk, the other person made me angry. I will not say that special circumstances do not exist, but some people know of their guilt and evil of what they did, and in some cases their acts resulted in death. And those horrid persons death by their own hand or lifetime of attempted redemptions suits me fine. How any person, that has killed heinously or been involved with a dangerous act done in a cruel manner on others, does not think of, at least, and act upon suicide, sickens me. It is near sociopathic rationalizing of their own acts and negligence; their heartless apathy. I do not want suicide as an option just to restore honor to the guilty or the towns from which they came, I just want it because, while I oppose state executions and agree that the state must try to prevent suicide attempts by prisoners, etc., I believe trash ought to know what it is and remove itself from this plain. If they aren't willing to try to make up for their acts, I wish they'd do the final acts on themselves.

3 Comments:

  • Many murderers do commit suicide after they've killed their victims. The ones that don't end their lives are the truly scary ones because it truly suggests a sociopathic nature and are prone to recidivism. They can live with the memory of their heinous crimes because they don't believe it was a crime in the first place or they are so apathetic to the world around them that it just doesn't matter to them what they do. Conscience, morality and guilt are non-existent for them which gives me cause to believe that it is best to remove them from society permanently.

    By Blogger The SeaWitch, at 4/01/2005 12:09:00 AM  

  • Well, I do not support state executions, and this is mostly a rant about the lack of a guilt conscience in many people. Some killers are just that because they were negligent and stupid. Others are drawn into a dangerous world and game wherein their minds are corrupted. But if I caused the pains of such stupidity, I do not know if I could move on from it. The ability of some people to abuse others, even in their "young," days and virtually forgive themselves is appalling. For example, if a man has culpability for the maiming of a pledge for his fraternity during a moronically designed hazzing process, he should be racked with self-hatred and trying to seek forgiveness from the injured pledge or punish himself (maim, kill, not sure which) after any dependents he has are taken care of.

    By Blogger Eff, at 4/06/2005 11:27:00 PM  

  • My present view is that the woman in this story should kill herself. Man Living in Closet Charged With Murder

    By Blogger Eff, at 4/12/2005 07:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 

Online dictionary at www.Answers.com

Concise information in one click