Eff's Rambles (Archive)

8/09/2005

Oh I thought I might as well.

I do not know if anyone has noticed this, but I rarely blurb, or whatever it is called. No, I do not present long and well reasoned contentions with a lot of sources either. Whatever you think of me my opinions and arguments are almost completely my own. I admit that I am a bit proud of that, though it makes it harder for me to claim I was deceived. I really do think for myself. Or try to. And now for the "short" "blurb" thought for at least today.

People hand out compliments too much.

I appreciate the ones I have received, and I think other's should be thankful for the ones they get. But compliments can give people a false impression of greater interest in them than the complimenters actually have. And I sometimes wonder why some messages get complimented. I see comments, my own included, that get a bit of praise and I think to myself that nothing said in those comments deserves that kind of feedback. I do not throw around compliments much for those reasons. I am hard to please and do not want to give people any wrong impressions as to how much I can and will participate.

5 Comments:

  • My first spam reply! What an honor!

    By Blogger Eff, at 8/10/2005 05:42:00 AM  

  • Congrats! You are no longer a spam virgin - and more pertinently, this scrote didn't leave a compliment, though I thought the statement "People hand out compliments too much" was a beaut.

    There is, of course, the other side of that particular coin though lately, I haven't had much about which to bitch either.

    By Blogger Rat, at 8/10/2005 08:53:00 AM  

  • "It's probably because your spodulator has been biffled by the zygomander or perhaps
    even the dooflewobbler has cross-pollinated the peebletooter."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/10/2005 10:27:00 PM  

  • I am not sure what that means, but, yes, I am amazingly defective. I need a tune up.

    By Blogger Eff, at 8/11/2005 03:27:00 AM  

  • Someone's a fan of The Hitch Hiker's Guide then. How quaint.

    By Blogger Rat, at 8/15/2005 11:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 

Online dictionary at www.Answers.com

Concise information in one click