Eff's Rambles (Archive)

8/16/2005

Sometimes

I wonder if most people that criticise the msm (mainstream media) for its news coverage, going into sweeping generalizations about its various forms of bias, about the supposed superiority of other sources, where some even proclaim them as excellent alternatives and not just supplementals and verifiers or debunkers, base their opinion on solid study and long experience in reviewing the msm. I don't know. Maybe most do. I've no intent to study the matter. But I still get the impression that some people are convinced of what others say, or of their own beliefs, by second hand sources and what might be simple errors by the given member of the msm, which they come to hate. I might be wrong. I might be blind to the truth. But I still have my doubts. I still wonder, as I basically alluded, how much people consider the justification for their disdain.

2 Comments:

  • It is all a bit odd isn't it. I often wonder thoughts that run slong these lines but on a slightly different rail myself sometimes.

    On another note, I thought blogspot was spam proof?

    By Blogger emigre, at 8/17/2005 09:11:00 AM  

  • Seems I'm blessed.

    By Blogger Eff, at 8/18/2005 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 

Online dictionary at www.Answers.com

Concise information in one click