Eff's Rambles (Archive)

10/15/2005

The public will as the moral reason

As I basically touched on in my last post, I wonder if public will and a traditionalism of deferrence to states' rights and privileges, especially on the matter of inspiration for this query, is enough to supplant federal authority, presuming such authority exists.

But, more broadly, is public will a sufficient moral predicate? And, in cases of health care, is there a standard to which people related thereto are obliged, or is it solely a case of individual moral preference, along with public will, among?

I do not know if I would call for an absolute standard, but I find it hard to find justification of the states' rights premise on matters of medicine, etc., without some moral predicate that gives at least tacit acceptance of controversial medical practices, such as physician-assisted suicide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 

Online dictionary at www.Answers.com

Concise information in one click